« Home | CPN(M) agrees to join Nepal's Government » | Re-introduction of "traditionalist" language in Ca... » | Celebrate a Great Aniversary for the People's Stru... » | National Call-in Day for Martin Lee Anderson » | Comments on "Hispanic Quebec" Makes Its Entrance ... » | "Rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg" » | May Day Is the Workers' Day!by the National Execut... » | ¡Sanjulo Ber, presente! » | Pre-Marital Counseling in Southern Appalachia » | Latest Statement from the Central Committee, CPN(M) » 

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 

Eerie ...

I work in an office, and I am member of what some might call cybertariat. Anyways, work sucks in a lot of ways, but it has upshots. One of these being my ability to listen to music all day. When I arrived at work today I opened my email, my Outlook calendar and my media player.

My media player is set to randomly play songs I like from a collection of hundreds of hours of music. The first song it cues up is Pslam for the Elks Lodge Last-call by the Weakerthans. An eerily appropriate song given this morning's news of the Elks Lodge building which collapsed last night in which the club's President died.


"...let the glasses that you broke, form a picture of our leader with a halo made of smoke..."

Creepy. 

Posted by celticfire

I just finished an interview with Roxanne-Dunbar-Ortiz. a veteran activist and scholar, the author of Blood on the Border: A Memoir of the Contra War, Outlaw Woman: A Memoir of the War Years, 1960-1975, and Red Dirt: Growing up Okie. She has played important roles in a number of movements and struggles around the world, including the women's liberation movement, the American Indian Movement (AIM), and has fought for self-determination among various people's around the world. Her writings have appeared in numerous human rights, international law, and history journals as well as such publications Monthly Review, and on the CounterPunch website.

Check it out:

http://celticfire.blogspot.com/2006/07/interview-with-roxanne-dunbar-ortiz-by.html  

Posted by celticfire

About Me

Recent Comments

Current Books // Articles

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates