« Home | Democrats Try On the Banner of Fiscal Responsiblity » | Goff's Weblog » | The Steady Decline of Wages » | * » | Black History Month Induced Nausea » | Bill Fletcher on the Passing of Ossie Davis » | ¡Ossie Davis, Presente! » | An offensive like Tet » | Go Eagles » | Easier than winning the lottery » 

Monday, February 21, 2005 

The Power of Lasagna

I spent this past weekend in Nashville with my family. My cousin, his girlfriend and their baby came into town and we all got together for dinner at my grandmother's house. It was an interesting experience, during which I realized just how insulated from everyday persons my life can be. But more interesting than any developed limitations I may have when talking with people I don't see everyday about "non-political" subjects like babies, video games and food, was how open to a left wing analysis of things these same people where when they raised political issues.

There are few things I find as enjoyable as having my cousin, a voice previously absent from the usual political back and forth I engage in at such sit-downs, incorporate terms like peak oil and dollar hegemony into dinner conversation.

About Me

Recent Comments

Current Books // Articles

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates