« Home | Loyalties » | When it rains... » | New blog on the scene » | New FRSO/OSCL Statement: Reflections on the Novem... » | ¡Harvey Milk, presente! » | My first Wikipedia article... » | I never thought he was funny anyways. » | And so it begins » | Coup in Boliva?! » | URGENT SOLIDARITY CALL FOR OAXACA » 

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 

Scissors PSA

I am starting to worry that US educators may have stop teaching children how to properly hand someone scissors in Kindergarten. My job forces me to interact with college-aged women and men, and out of the 3 or 4 dozen times I have handed students scissors this year not ONCE have they been given back to me handle-side-first. I'm only in my early-mid 20s, and I vividly remember being scolded for not employing proper scissor handling techniques!

Does this lack of early training mean that they don't even get all the pop culture references to "running with scissors" that are floating around? 

Posted by Jimmy Higgins

About Me

Recent Comments

Current Books // Articles

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates