« Home | Pride in my local » | ¡Jose Gilberto Soto, presente! » | Grinch of the Year » | ¡Cuba sí, yankees no! » | "From a long-term point of view, it is not the rea... » | We Will Reclaim Our Armed Forces! (Stan Goff) » | Yet another reason why metal detectors should be r... » | Union Happenings » | Unite to Win » | One step forward » 

Monday, January 03, 2005 

Why my family went to Midnight Mass without me

Parents are demanding that Saint John the Baptist, a Catholic parochial school in Orange County, expel the children of gay and lesbian couples.

On a personal note, the first thing that came to mind upon reading this was a story my mom once shared with me. Her mother's father had been a good-for-nothing-piece-of-shit, and after leaving his wife and thier four children, my great-grandmother remarried. But since the Church didn't recognize court sponsored divorce and refused to extend the sacrament of marriage to my great-grandmother and her new husband, my grandmother and her siblings were expelled from their parochial school. I guess I ought to give the Church credit for being so consistent when it comes to playing the role of the crotchetiest reactionaries around.

About Me

Recent Comments

Current Books // Articles

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates