« Home | Quote of the Day » | Army men for the 3rd world » | More proof of the undeniable » | Eagles » | All Bush-Cheney cronies are paper tigers! » | Kenya needs a Mau Mau (again) » | ColorLines article » | Random updates » | Its coming » | Define national oppression » 

Tuesday, August 31, 2004 

Quote of the Day

Well today's post is actually two quotes. The first comes from our commander and chief and the second is ripped from Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11.

"I don't think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that the those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world." - G.W. Bush, 8/30 on NBC's Today Show.

"In accordance with the principles of double-think it does not matter if the war is not real. For when it is, victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, but it is meant to be continuous." George Orwell, 1984

I don't mean to echo the liberal argument that "you cannot declare war on a noun." Even giving this slogan its best reading, using noun in the "existing in thought" part of the definition, I never really understood why anyone liked this argument. Much of the consensus on the left during World War II was that we were fighting global fascism, a concept that is on a surface level at least similar to the War on Terrorism. But then again, I am opposed US Imperialism in general, not just Bush adventurism or even violence as a political tool in certain historical instances, so I imagine the logic of non-violence is going to be somewhat lost on me.

Great virginia tech football blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on virginia tech football. You can check out my forum about virginia tech football if you have a chance.

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a detecting internet connection speeddetecting internet connection speed site/blog. It pretty much covers detecting internet connection speed Problems with your Windows Xp Computing !
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

About Me

Recent Comments

Current Books // Articles

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates