« Home | "There's only one sure bet with security: practice... » | “Bombard the Headquarters!” » | Why my family went to Midnight Mass without me » | Pride in my local » | ¡Jose Gilberto Soto, presente! » | Grinch of the Year » | ¡Cuba sí, yankees no! » | "From a long-term point of view, it is not the rea... » | We Will Reclaim Our Armed Forces! (Stan Goff) » | Yet another reason why metal detectors should be r... » 

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 

Pope calls for Solidarity, Proposes Solutions to end War

"His Holiness," John Paul II recently delivered his "State of the World" address including this address to the Holy See's diplomatic Corps. I have to confess that every time I come in contact with this moth-eaten monarchy and the vassals that cling so strongly to thier anachronism, I cannot help but feeling the sense of outright terror I will always associate with Sunday School (or as wel Catholics call it, CCD).

That said, it's nice to see issues like underdevelopment and war still in the forefront of the Vatican's agenda. For some reason the words "utter disapointment" can't quite capture my hatred for this Pope's reduction of issues as complex as late-imperialism to the "building block" levels of gay marriage, stem cell research and condoms.

About Me

Recent Comments

Current Books // Articles

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates