« Home | “Bombard the Headquarters!” » | Why my family went to Midnight Mass without me » | Pride in my local » | ¡Jose Gilberto Soto, presente! » | Grinch of the Year » | ¡Cuba sí, yankees no! » | "From a long-term point of view, it is not the rea... » | We Will Reclaim Our Armed Forces! (Stan Goff) » | Yet another reason why metal detectors should be r... » | Union Happenings » 

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 

"There's only one sure bet with security: practice good OPSEC: remain vigilant."

So for folks that didn't know, my work mostly consists of processing documents that come from the Government Printing Office (GPO) as part of the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP).

So today, as I was working through pages of printed diagnostics on the most recent additions to our online catalog, I came across the "Security Aware" poster series put out by the Security and Counterintelligence Directorate, Defense Threat Reduction Agency in 2003. At first glance I could have sworn that they were simply World War II reprints, but quotes by George W. Bush in later items of the series put any doubts I might have had to rest. My library unfortunately never received these pieces, but the titles alone gave me goose bumps.

Some of my favorites were "Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom: security is a team effort." and "We stand in strength, and we will not yield" with graphic of President George W. Bush. At least some of these were in fact reprints of actual World War II posters. I was unable to find most of these using the ever trusty Google (or Google [Uncle Sam] for that matter), but I did come across An Operational Security (OPSEC) Primer put out by the Department of Energy that has one of the reprinted posters for all to see. It's nice to see the state churning out some next-generation, Grade A propaganda.

For people who may want to check and see if their local FDLP participating library has the pieces in question, their Item number is 0379-B-14, the SuDoc class is D 15.15:cutter.

About Me

Recent Comments

Current Books // Articles

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates